The XMS5 series is a result of many years of development and the XMS5 is based on the well known and trusted XMS4 series, the only difference being the new display output as well as some additional features such as Speed and Dyno features.
The XMS5A & XMS5B uses LetRipp II Technology and this can be tuned by the LetRipp II Windows Tuning Software. The new XMS5A & XMS5B product range has undergone some modifications and upgrading from the XMS4 range.
XMS5A : 4 cylinder unit and NO Wide band Lambda
XMS5B : 8 cylinder unit (can be used for 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines) with Wide band Lambda
XMS5A-4A COMPLETE KIT
- 1 x XMS5A_4A Box with electronics inside
- 1 x XMS5A Harness
- 1 x Letripp Packaging Box
- Speed Input - The XMS5A range has a road speed input, which can be calibrated to show the exact speed. Required is a 0-5 Volt signal from the speedometer, the differential, or a wheel nut. The output is in meter/second and Km/Hour (or Miles/Hour). The acceleration is also available in meter/second (square).
- Dyno Feature - From the speed input the unit can calculate time, distance or end speed depending on the selected start and end conditions. The start conditions are : TPS Voltage, RPM, Speed (Road Speed). The end conditions are : Speed, Distance, Time and RPM. It is very easy to determine that the modification (mechanical or tuning) you did was effective by driving the car on the same stretch of road. In addition the unit is programmed for a 1/4 mile run and will supply you with the horse power determined by the end-speed-method or the end-time method.
- Display Feature - The units have a display connection. The display itself is not part of the kit and must be purchased separately. Up to 8 displays can be connected to a unit. The information on the display can be selected from the PC and various processing methods can be chosen for each display available. The "mirror" option allows the display to be connected in a "heads-up" installation.